Commuters in Mumbai can pay their cab fare using Mpesa mobile wallet- Allows cab drivers to transact through 4000+ Vodafone M-Pesa collection centers.
Mumbai:Vodafone M-Pesa, a unique and innovative Digital Wallet service from Vodafone that offers Money Transfer, Bill & Utility Pay, Merchant Payments and Business Solutions has partnered with TABcab – Mumbai’s most preferred Radio Taxi service provider in an attempt to strengthen its mobile wallet service and increase the proportion of cashless transactions, thereby creating a hassle-free cash transaction experience for all commuters in Mumbai on the go
M-Pesa works not only on smartphones as an App but also on basic phone as a text menu and does not require internet connectivity for the latter. With M-Pesa a customer can
· Deposit and withdraw CASH at a M-Pesa agent outlet that is nearby
· Send money to any bank or any mobile in the country – 24X7
· Pay merchants for goods and services
· Make various bill payments, DTH and Utility
· Purchase airtime – prepaid/ post-paid
With a pan-India distribution of over 120,000 agents and more than 5 million customers, Vodafone M-Pesa through its tie-up with TABcab will help simplify the Cash Management Services for the commuters as well as the drivers whereby:
· Customers travelling by TABcab can pay their cab fare through m-pesa – safe, secure and convenient money transfer service.
· Drivers (Currently 2000+) employed by TABcab can pay their daily deposit through 4000+ collection centers (earlier 6) using MPesaService
Vodafone India, Business Head – Mumbai Circle Ishmeet Singh, said “Vodafone is always at the forefront to introduce innovative products and services that enrich the lives of our customers. We are happy to ease the life of commuters as well as well drivers associated with TABCab. This tie-up gives us an opportunity to serve our customers better by providing a safe, secure and convenient mode to pay for services and we are sure that our partnership with TABcab will go a long way towards achieving a larger objective of digitization of money for the cash holding population”
Vodafone M-Pesa has recently been awarded the best mobile payment solution at GSMA Glomo Awards 2016. Vodafone M-Pesa is one of the recipients of an in-principle approval for a payment bank licence issued by RBI, with which services like savings, deposit, payment and remittances can be provided to shoppers.
Vodafone partners with TABcab for cashless travel